Sunday, August 1, 2010

Spontaneity

Now

At a moment in my life when I am contemplating why I am here, I love to stumble across things I love about my life in Spain - little reminders.

The only plan Saturday was to go to the beach. But we never made it there...

Instead, I had a long, photo-snapping walk along the boardwalk at sunrise...








Met an interesting elderly lady at the local supermarket. She was the first stranger ever who bent down and began helping me put my groceries on the conveyer belt, so I helped her, ended up driving her home, translating for her with a French neighbour (it has been 15 years since I have spoken French & it is pretty rusty but I love it!) and coming home with my arms full of fresh flowers and herbs from her garden...

Stumbled across a 55€ second-hand 28-inch TV, just when our TV had broken a week ago so we bought it...

Went to visit a Belgian friend who called last minute and asked if we were available. She was only in town for 2 days. We spent a few hours catching up. Her singing career is really taking off. www.saradeville.com It was so refreshing to see someone who is so passionate about her work, as I am ANYTHING but passionate about my job & fantasize about having my own natural cosmetics company. She really inspired me...

Then later that evening after dinner, on a boardwalk stroll, my husband & I shared a frozen yoghurt from our neighbours ice-cream stand and stumbled across some live Spanish guitar players. Sitting on a boardwalk bench by the sea, listening to Spanish guitar, waves crashing, tourists laughing, clinking glasses from boardwalk bars...

Got home and sat outside for a while playing guitar ourselves, something that we haven’t done for a while. All it all, it was a pretty simple yet marvellous day. And all of the things we did were un-planned. The spontaneity and living moment to moment is something that comes easier in Spain than anywhere else I have ever been. What a wonderful reminder to take the blinders off and just remain open to what rolls in...

2 comments:

  1. J'adore ce blog :D
    vraiment joli comme tu ecris.
    Et je savais vraiment pas que tu parles en francais hehe

    Really nice writing Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Un peu... un peu... je te comprends bien si tu preferes m'ecrire en francias mais je n'ecris pas bien... better in English o EspaƱol? Merci merci Yo. xo Jen

    ReplyDelete